It's hard to believe but the end of 2017 is upon us. Friday is our last day of school before Winter Break begins. Polar Express Day is Friday. Your child may wear his/her pajamas to school on that day if he/she would like to do so. A permission slip will come home in the red folder tomorrow. Please sign and send back your permission for the Polar Express edible train making activity.
Thanks for sharing your child with me in 2017. I am excited to continue our learning journey in 2018! I hope you and your family have a safe, warm and wonderful Winter Break.
***Don’t forget to keep up the Reading Steps and Power Word practice this week!
This week we will:
- Make edible Polar Express trains
- Watch the Polar Express movie
- Review animal groups learned so far (mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians)
- Practice reading Power Words at Flash Speed
- Count syllables in 1, 2, or 3 syllable words
- listen to Gingerbread stories all week and answer questions about the characters and story events
- count by 1s, 5s and 10s
- Learn how to gather data and use tally marks
- Learn how to graph data that has been gathered
Homework for the week:
- cut apart your new Power Words and add them to your bag
- practice your new Power Words all week
- practice reading your “old” Power Words
- read for 30 minutes and log in two steps every night
Winter Break challenge!
· practice reading ALL Power Words ~ learn to read them at Flash Speed!
· Read and log in to earn EXTRA Reading Steps during the Break!
Upcoming dates to remember:
- December 12 – PTA meeting @ 6:45 and 3rd Grade performance @ 7:00
- December 12 – Interims issued (Please sign and return before winter break!)
- December 15 - Polar Express Day-wear your pajamas and last day of school before Winter Break
- January 2 - School reopens
Resource schedule for the week:
· Monday – Art
· Tuesday – Library
· Wednesday – Music
· Thursday – P.E.
· Friday – STEM
· Tuesday, Jan. 2 – Coding