Thanks for helping your child have a successful first week at CAES! It was a week of excitement and adjustments for all – including myself! J We spent some time last week getting to know each other, our classroom and our school. We also took some time to go over classroom and school expectations.
Agendas and red folders will come home each day. Please make sure the agenda is signed/initialed each day and placed back in your child's backpack. Also, don't forget to check the red folder and clean that out as well. Please feel free to use the agenda to write notes in or email me at email@example.com
***Parent Portal — The following forms are found online and are required beginning-of-the-year information.
- Acceptable Use Agreement (AUP) allowing your student to access online resources (This must be completed in order for your child to use any electronic devices at school!)
- Media Release
- Prohibition Against Harassment and Retaliation
- Student Code of Conduct
- Updating emergency contact information, address, phone number(s), etc.
This week we will:
- continue to learn how to be a good citizen in the classroom as well as in our community
- discuss what the authors and illustrators of books do
- identify the book cover and title page of a book
- practice reading pattern books independently
- learn about using letters to write words
- learn about rhyming words
- sort and classify objects
Homework for the week: (This is done at your own pace and does not need to be turned in.)
- learn your bus number and color (if you have one!)
- practice writing your name – first letter uppercase, all others lowercase
- read with/ listen to a story with mom, dad, grandparents, aunt/uncle, or big brother/sister each night
Upcoming dates to remember:
· Sept. 29 – APEX Fun Run (More information about this fundraiser will be coming home soon!)
Our resource rotation schedule this week: (1:15 – 2:05)
· Monday – Music
· Tuesday – P.E.
· Wednesday – S.T,E,M.
· Thursday – Coding
· Friday – Art
- Monday - Library (Sept. 18)