PALS testing is now complete. A conference schedule will come home this week in your child’s red folder. Please sign up as soon as possible so that we can discuss PALS results and how your child is progressing in kindergarten so far. Thanks!
A few notes about Reading Logs and Steps…if you are wondering why ‘Book’ is written down in your child’s log on occasion, there are several reasons. Sometimes we run out of time and I have to log in quickly for the children. Or, your child may have been out of the room (bathroom, nurse, etc.) and I wrote it in. Or, it could be a ‘catch up’ Step if your child is behind on Steps or no reading was done at home the night before.
This week we will:
- Learn about short vowels /a//e/ /i/ /o/ and /u/
- Listen for short vowel sounds when we are “stretching out” and spelling words
- Learn new and practice old Power Words
- Write our thoughts and ideas down in our journals
- Continue to be ‘Zoologist’ and learn all about mammals
- Review what we learned about living and nonliving organisms
- Review what we learned about wild, domestic, farm and zoo animals
- Identify the title page in a book, the setting, characters and events in stories we read aloud
- Count by 1s and 10s
Homework for the week:
· Cut apart and practice your new Power Words
· Practice all old Power Words – Can you read them at FLASH SPEED?
· Read for 30 minutes each night – Log in at least 2 STEPS every night!!!
- Oct. 30 – Book Fair begins
- Oct. 31 – Book Character Parade @ 1:10 (Bring your book to show!)
- Nov. 2 – School picture make-up day
- Nov. 3 – Grand Lunch (Our lunch is from 12:25 – 12:55)
- Nov. 9 – Book Fair closes and Wear Red, White and Blue to honor our Military Veterans
- Nov. 10 – Veterans Day – School closed
- Nov. 14 – PTA @ 6:45 – 2nd Grade Chorus Performance @ 7:00
Resource Schedule: (1:15 – 2:05)
· Monday – STEM
· Tuesday – Coding
· Wednesday – Art
· Thursday – Library
· Friday – Music
· Monday, Nov. 6 – P.E.