Happy New Year! And welcome winter! As the weather gets colder, please remember to dress your child accordingly. We will go outside to play every day unless the temperatures / wind chills are extreme...like these past few days!
Now, back to the business of kindergarten. Here are a few reminders:
1. Send a snack with your child every day – even if he or she is getting a tray lunch that day.
2. Send a note if there is a change in your child’s dismissal procedure.
3. Send a note if your child is absent.
4. Homework every night is to read for 30 minutes and log in 2 Steps. It is okay to read books that you have at home, library books, or reread favorite books.
5. Practice Power Words every night so that your child can read them at Flash Speed. It is very hard to catch up once your child gets behind.
Thanks so much for helping your child meet with success at school!
This week we will:
- Continue learning about fish
- Practice reading old and new Power Words at Flash Speed
- Use letters and sounds to spell
- Write our ideas down on paper
- Count syllables in 1, 2, and 3 syllable words
- Identify characters, settings and events in read alouds
- Learn about the season of Winter
- Gather information to make a graph
- Use tally marks
- Count by 1s, 5s and 10s
- Count backwards from a given number
Homework for the week:
- cut apart your new Power Words and add them to your bag
- practice your new Power Words all week
- read for 30 minutes and log in two Steps every night
Upcoming dates to remember:
- January 10 – Class Picture Day
- January 15 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday – no school
- January 29 and 30 – Teacher Workday/ Professional Development – no school for students
Resource schedule for the week:
· Tuesday – Art
· Wednesday – Library
· Thursday – Music
· Friday – P.E.
· Monday, Jan. 8 - STEM