Don’t forget we will be exchanging Valentines with our classmates on Wednesday, February 14. A list of classmates went home in the red folder. Don’t forget to send a snack with your child EVERY day, even if he/she is purchasing a school lunch. Last thing….start saving and sending in Box Tops again!
This week we will:
- Learn about savannas, animals and plants that live on savannas and how they survive
- Find and read many different Power Words
- Count syllables in 1, 2, 3 or 4 syllable words
- Decode and spell 1 and 2 syllable words
- Use letters and sounds to write our ideas down on paper
- Blend sounds to read words
- Remember to use an uppercase letter at the beginning of our sentences and a period at the end
- Continue to explore different measuring tools (rulers, thermometers, balance scales, calendars, clocks)
- Count by 1s, 5s and 10s to 100
- Count backwards from a given number
- Explore making groups of 5 and groups of 10 – and counting on from a given number
Homework for the week:
- Log in two steps in your reading log each night (Remember: 2 steps equals 30 minutes of reading time.)
- Practice new Power Words – learn to recognize them at flash speed
- Do you remember ‘old’ Power Words? Practice those also!
Important dates to remember:
- Feb. 7 – Report cards issued
- Feb. 9 – Snow Ball dance – 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Fe. 13 – Donuts with Dad – 7:45 – 8:30
- Feb. 14 – Valentines exchange in the classroom
- Feb. 19 – President's Day - No School
Resource schedule for the week:
· Monday – Library
· Tuesday – Music
· Wednesday – P.E.
· Thursday – STEM
· Friday – Coding
· Monday, Feb. 12 - Art