Thanks to all that have signed and sent back report card envelops. Remember, you can keep the report card. Valentine’s Day is Wednesday. We will have a Valentine card exchange throughout the morning. Send Valentine cards on Wednesday if your child would like to participate. Also, please remind your child to keep their toys at home. Some have been bring small toys and it has become quite a distraction for some children. One small stuffed animal is allowed. Thank you! Be sure and read the Homework for the Week section! There’s something new listed.
***Reminder: Outside food treats for birthdays are not allowed. You can order through our school cafeteria if you would like to celebrate your child’s birthday at school.
This week we will:
- begin learning about forest ecosystems, adaptations of forest animals, plants that live in the forest and forest food webs
- recognize, read and use Power Words in reading and writing
- use letters/sounds to spell words and write our thoughts on paper (writing sentences!)
- continue our exploration of measuring tools
- count to 100 by 1s, 5s and 10s
- count backwards from a given number
Homework for the week:
· ask your child what “Expectation #1” is in Mrs. Smith’s class
· practice Power Words – especially the one’s that begin with ‘w’!!!
· read for 30 minutes – Log in two steps each night in your reading log
Important dates to remember:
- Feb. 13 – Donuts with Dad from 7:45 – 8:30
- Feb. 14 – Valentine’s card exchange in Room 103
- Feb. 19 – President’s Day – No school
Resource schedule for the week:
· Monday – Art
· Tuesday - Library
· Wednesday - Music
· Thursday – P.E.
· Friday – STEM
· Tuesday, Feb. 20 - Coding