Stop by and check out our Lost and Found if you think something that belongs to your child may be there. All items will be donated this week.
The Box Top competition is full swing. Thanks to those that have sent in Box Tops so far! Keep them coming!
Kindergarten’s expo night is April 30th. Since we are becoming quite the experts on bees, we are asking that the children that are attending the expo wear black pants and a yellow shirt that night. More information about our Kindergarten expo will be coming home soon.
This week we will:
- Continue learning all about bees as we prepare for our upcoming Expo
- Learn about the life cycle of a bee
- review reading some of our harder (“rule breaker”) Power Words
- continue learning new 2G Power Words
- write about facts that we learn about a bee’s life cycle are read our sentences out loud
- explore addition
Homework for the week:
- ask your child what “4 Star Writing” means
- ask your child to name and tell all about his/her favorite kind of bee (queen, worker or drone bee?)
- read for 30 minutes every day and log in 2 books
- practice ALL Power Words (don’t forget about the 1G words now that we’re practicing 2G!)
Important dates to remember:
· April 18 – Report cards issued
· April 20 – Pizza Bingo Night
· April 30 – Kindergarten Expo @ 5:45
Resource Schedule for the week:
· Monday – Library
· Tuesday – Music
· Wednesday – P.E.
· Thursday – STEM
· Friday – Coding
· Monday, Apr. 23 - Art