Don’t forget that Kindergarten’s expo night is April 30th. Please return the Bee Expo attendance slip that came home in the report card envelope last week if you have not already done so. This information will be helpful this week as we begin final preparations for our Expo. Also, if your child is planning to attend the expo, we are asking that he/she wears black pants and a yellow shirt that night. Thanks!
Keep sending in those Box Tops! This is the last week for collection.
This week we will:
- Wrap up our study of bees
- Learn about pollination and why bees are important
- Prepare and practice for our upcoming Expo
- Notice blends and digraphs when reading new words (bl, sp, th, dr, sl, cr, sh, st, etc.)
- Identify vowel teams and practice reading words with long vowel sounds
- Write, write and write about bees
- continue learning new 2G Power Words
- explore addition – use different strategies to find sums; build numbers, count on or use a number line
Homework for the week:
- ask your child how many stages are in the life cycle of a bee (4 – Can he/she name them? egg, larva, pupa, adult bee; Can he/she tell about each stage?)
- read for 30 minutes every day and log in 2 books
- practice ALL Power Words - 1G and 2G PWs
Important dates to remember:
· April 30 – Kindergarten Expo @ 5:45
Resource Schedule for the week:
· Monday – Art
· Tuesday – Library
· Wednesday – Music
· Thursday – P.E.
· Friday – STEM
· Monday, Apr. 30 - Coding