Our ABC Countdown has begun! A calendar of events for each day from now until June 15 was sent home in the red folder last week. Please let me know if you’ve misplaced your copy and need another. Also, Interim reports went home in the red folder Thursday. Please sign and return and as always, let me know if you have any questions about the report.
Thank you for making feel SUPER appreciated last week!!! J
***REMINDER: Flip-flops are not allowed due to safety concerns.
This week we will:
· Read and write, read and write, read and write, read and write, read and write!
· Learn about plants, plant parts, how we use plants
· Review short vowel sounds and long vowel sounds
· Practice blends and digraphs (read and spell words that begin with bl, br, sk, sp, ch, th, etc.)
· Answer questions about stories that we read aloud (name characters, settings, tell about the beginning, middle or end, make predictions)
· Review Power Words and Tricky Words
· Subtract using a number line, pictures, counters, counting backwards
Homework for the Week:
· Ask your child - What is a number line? What does it look like? How can he/ she use the number line to add or subtract?
· Read for 30 minutes every night and log in 2 books in your reading log
· Practice Power Words
· ABC Countdown – ongoing – Letters C through G this week!
· May 25 – Muffins with Mom @ 7:45 – 8:35 in the cafeteria and Flag-Waving Friday – where red, white and blue or any patriotic clothing
· May 28 – Memorial Day Holiday – School closed
Resource schedule for the week:
· Monday – Art
· Tuesday – Library
· Wednesday – Music
· Thursday – P.E.
· Friday – STEM
· Monday, May 21 – Coding