Make sure you continue to read to and with your child for 30 minutes each night. STEPS are still being counted and recorded. It’s also time to turn in all Library books as Ms. Mitra is beginning her final inventory for the year.
This week we will:
· Have fun reading some fiction stories about pirates
· Identify characters and settings in the stories we read aloud
· Make predictions about story events as we read
· Discuss events that happen in the stories we read aloud
· Review some of the more challenging Power Words and Tricky Words
· Identify other words that “look like” some of our PWs (ex. rake, cake, take, shake and bake all “look like” the PW make)
· Write a few sentences about a given topic
· Continue adding and subtracting
· Review skip counting by 5’s and 10’s to 100
· Learn about maps
Homework for the week:
· Ask your child what is his/her favorite way to add and subtract?
· Keep reading for 30 minutes every day and log in 2 steps in your reading log – Don’t forget to return your books each day!
· Practice Power Words
Important dates to remember:
· Ongoing – ABC Countdown (M – P this week!)
· June 1 – Fancy Friday (Dress up day!)
· June 5 – Tacky Tuesday
· June 12 – End of the Year program in Room 103 (Check your child’s red folder later this week for more information on this event!)
· June 13 – Field Day
· June 14 and June 15 – Early dismissal
Resource schedule: ***modified schedule again this week due to SOL testing
· Tuesday – P.E.
· Wednesday – No resource (SOL testing)
· Thursday – STEM
· Friday – Coding
· Monday, June 4 - Art