Monday, April 27, 2020

Week 6 of stay at home...

Hi all!

Zoom meetings will continue once every 10 school days as long as your schedule (and mine!) remain the same.  I will have other Zoom meetings with my administration that may "pop up" and I need to attend.  If this happens during one of our scheduled times, I will need to reschedule our meeting.  I understand that things are going to "pop up" in your schedule as well.  Just let me know and we can reschedule.

Let's do a Class Zoom Meeting on Friday, May 1 @ 11:30 with Mrs. Myers!  We can say hi and see some of our friends from class.  I will send the invite out on Thursday.  Hope to see many of you!  

If your family is in need of a tablet to help out with school work/ online activities, IWCS will distribute iPads for elementary school students (K-5) at Smithfield Middle School on Wednesday and Thursday of this week, 4/29 4:00-8:00 and 4/30 9:00-1:00.  You will need an ID and a pen.  Only one iPad per family and only the adult noted as the parent/guardian in PowerSchool may pick up the iPad.  For more details, check the CAES website:  caes.iwcs.k12.va.us

I learned of a reading app that once it is downloaded, you no longer need internet to access the books!  It's called Reading IQ.  I checked it out and it says it has books from grades 2 - 12.  Although we are not that old yet, there should be some good books that you and your family can read together on there!  No internet required!

Don't forget that all IWCS parking lots hotspots.  Free internet access - just drive up and log on.

All for now...I'm just an email away if you need me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment